These events (and many more) can also be found on our Website calendar. Our BIG LISTS of Halloween Fun are coming soon!
This list will be updated as more events are announced and publicized. If you know of an event we should add to this free listing Please Submit Information HERE.
Address: 772 Princess Anne Road, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23457
Dates: Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays only through 10/28/18. Special opening on Monday, October 8 (Columbus Day) from 12-6pm. Hours: 10am-6pm. Please note that the farm closes at 6pm, no one will be allowed to enter the mazes after 5pm. Hours may change at any time without notice, especially due to inclement weather. Wagons are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Activities: All inclusive wristbands at farm $12. Discounts: Click HERE To Save On Admission!
- Sunflower maze (great for little ones)
- Cotton maze – medium difficulty maze and should take about 20 minutes to complete.
- Corn maze - this maze has the hardest level of difficulty, miles of path, and should take the average person about 45 minutes to complete.
- Choose from over 50 varieties of pumpkins and gourds and cut them right off the vine
- Wagon rides on the weekends- Enjoy a scenic and educational half hour ride around our working farm.
- Kids Play Area: hay mountain, sand pile, corn stalk tunnel, 3 slides for kids of all ages, tire swings, pipe tunnel, pedal carts, picture opportunities and so much more.
- WRISTBANDS: White wristbands (all inclusive): includes 3 mazes, wagon ride and play area (no play area fee for adults) $12. Green wristband: Admission to all 3 mazes (corn, cotton & sunflower) $8. Yellow wristband: Wagon ride only $2 per child, 1 adult free with each child. Orange wristband: Play area access only $4 per child, 1 adult free with each child
Fall Festival/ Pick Your Own Pumpkins (Chesapeake)
Address: Greenbrier Farms Nursery 225 Sign Pine Road Chesapeake, Virginia 23322
Date: Sat, Sep 29, 2018 - Wed, Oct 31, 2018. Monday- Friday* 9 am to 5 pm Sat. and Sun. 9 am to 6 pm *Weekday pumpkin patch picking from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. does not have the games and festival activities.
Activity: Our pumpkin patch is the best place for pick-your-own pumpkins in Chesapeake! Pick-your-own pumpkins starts at $12 and includes a free hayride to the patch and fun fall games for the kids. Don't forget to stop by our barnyard to visit the animals! Make your plans now!
- Mornings are very busy with field trips but we are still open to the public. Barrel Train rides, hayrides, pony rides and bounce house start at 12 but everything else is open all day.
- Weekday All-inclusive wristband is $11 or purchase individual tickets:
- Play area admission is $6.50 per child. Adults and Age 2 and under are free. Play area includes: Bounce Houses, Children’s Corn Maze, Toddler Hay Maze and Toddler only bounce house, Friendly Farm animals, Play Houses, sand piles and picnic tables. Hay mountain to climb.
- Hayrides $3.75, child and $5 adult. Age 2 and under free. Barrel Train Rides are $3.50. Adult play area admission is free. Pony Rides Daily from 12-6pm, $6
- $13 all inclusive Weekend Child Wrist Band (under 2 is free) includes: Storybook Character Hayride (1 ride), Barrel Train Ride (1 ride), Play area: Bounce Houses, Children’s Corn Maze, Toddler Hay Maze and Toddler only bounce house, Play Houses, sand piles and picnic tables. Hay mountain to climb, DJ with interactive games, Character visits (check Facebook for times). Adult play area admission is free.
- Adult Hayrides $5. Pony rides are $6 and end at 6pm
- Also Available: Face Painting (private vendor), Hot Dogs, BBQ, Italian Sausage, Ice Cream or Snow cones, Kettle Corn and Apple Cider (private vendors), AND Cider Donuts! Some local artisans and vendors.
Address: 2201 Mount Pleasant Road, Chesapeake, VA
Dates: Farm is currently open for Fall Fun through October 2018 for Weekends only: Saturdays 10am-5pm, Sundays 12-5pm. Pumpkins/Pumpkin activities will be available beginning September 29, 2018.
Address: Thalia Lynn Baptist Church 4392 Virginia Beach Blvd. (Next to Princess Anne High School)
Date: Saturday, October 27, 2018 from 11am-2pm (If it rains activities will move inside)
Activity: Free Community Event: Thalia Lynn Baptist Church is excited to be hosting our 4th Annual Fall Trunk or Treat Festival. Lots of fun for the entire family. Activities: Games, Trunk or Treat, Petting Zoo, Inflatables
Date: October 27-28, 2018 from 10am-4pm
Military Families - Halloween Fall Fest (Newport News)
Address: Triple R Ranch 3531 Bunch Walnuts Rd, Chesapeake VA 23322
Date: Wednesday, October 31, 2018, times from 6-9pm
Activity: We welcome you to spend your evening at Triple R Ranch's family-friendly Halloween event! Activities will include trick-or-treating and Critter Corral; activities that require tickets will include pony rides, hayrides, laser tag, and climbing wall. Children age 3 and under are free. Parking is $5 and tickets are $1 or 24 for $20. Most activities require 3 tickets.
Address: Various locations in Newport News, VA
Date: Friday - Sunday, September 7-9, 2018. Friday at 6pm, Saturday 10am-9pm, Sunday 3-6pm
Address: Brittingham-Midtown Community Center 570 McLawhorne Drive Newport News VA
Date: Saturday, September 8, 2018 from 10am-4pm
Cost: Free Admission
Activity: Go Green Expo is Hampton Roads' premier, horticultural, sustainability, indoor event! Sponsored by the Peninsula Master Gardeners and the Virginia Cooperative Extension, this one-day event is FREE for visitors, residents, consumers and business leaders! If you are interested in eco-friendly products and practices, this event is for you. This year's Go Green Expo will feature a much-expanded area for kids activities!
Activity: Taste of Suffolk is back in Downtown Suffolk for the 12th year! This annual street festival tradition will span Main Street from Finney Avenue to Washington Street. Enjoy specialty food items from local restaurants all over Suffolk and see all the goods and services that crafters, vendors and merchants have to offer. Taste of Suffolk has something for the whole family with our expanded children's area and live entertainment. Enjoy contests and games, a beer garden, and a new vehicle exhibition.
Date: September 13-16, 2018. 9/13 from 5-10pm, 9/14 from 10am-11pm, 9/15 from 10am-11pm, 9/16 from 11am-6pm. Fireworks are Saturday, September 15, 2018, 10:30 pm.
Cost: Thursday $10 per person or flat fee $45 per car (up to 8 people). Friday/Saturday/Sunday $5 per person ages 6-12 and for military with ID, $10 ages 13+. Ages 5 and under free. Online discounts available for 2 & 3 day passes. Promotions include special pricing for elementary students, senior citizens, on certain days/times.
Annual Yorktown Folk Festival (Yorktown)
45th Newport News Fall Festival (Newport News)
McDonald Garden Center (Virginia Beach)
Address: McDonald Garden Centers - Independence Boulevard & Great Neck Locations
Date: Saturday, October 13, 2018 from 9am-6pm
Activity: The grand finale of our fall schedule, the McDonald Garden Center Fall Fest is a customer favorite that our staff has been looking forward to all season! Yes, we will be bringing you some pretty awesome deals, but we also have lots of activities for all ages! Pumpkins, cider, crafts, photo booths, fall stuff….what is there to think about?
Address: Chesapeake Arboretum 624 Oak Grove Chesapeake, VA
Date: Saturday, October 13, 2018 from 11am-5pm
Cost: All activities are free and open to the public. Concessions will be available on site for purchase
Activity: AutumnFest is a harvest-time family-friendly event offering "FARM"tastic Fun! Day activities include a hay bale maze, petting zoo, pumpkin piñatas and crafts, informational speakers, Cornhole Challenge, a pie-baking contest and eco-friendly related vendors and exhibitors. Trail tours will be conducted throughout the day for all to explore and learn about this Virginia Treasure's 47+ acres of trails.
Pets & Pumpkins Fall Festival 2018 (Fort Monroe)
Address: The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery 81 Patch Rd, Fort Monroe 23651
Date: Saturday, October 13, 2018 from 1-5pm
Activity: This family fun festival will be for both the 2-legged and 4-legged members of your family and will be held Saturday, October 13, 2018 at Oozlefinch Craft Brewery. This event is not just a fun event full of activities for your family but is a fundraising event to help the animals in the care of The Cat Corner and Animal Aid Society. There will be awesome food, beverages, raffles, silent auctions, family fun activities and live music for everyone’s enjoyment! Even more important than the food and fun, you will be a part of ensuring that our no-kill shelters are able to continue the important work of saving and finding furever homes on the Peninsula.
Date: October 13-14, 2018. Saturday 10am-5pm, Sunday 12-5pm.
The Mariners' ARRRtober Festival (Newport News)
Address: The Mariners' Museum and Park, Newport News VA
Date: Sunday, October 14, 2018 from 1-5pm
Cost: Entrance to the festival is $2. Children 3 and under are free. Tickets for tastings of craft beer, wine, or cider, are $25. This event is rain or shine. No refunds will be given.
Activity: The Mariners’ ARRRtober Festival is a family-friendly event in the Mariners’ Museum Park featuring pirate-themed activities all day long! The event will begin with The Noland Trail Marathon and Relay, hosted by Flat-Out Events. The festival fun will begin at 1 p.m. with live music, craft beer tastings, food trucks, pirate storytelling, Scallywag School, pumpkin painting, hayrides, and more!
Address: Base Portsmouth Gym Portsmouth, Virginia, VA 23707
Date: Friday, October 19, 2018 from 6-8:30pm
Activity: Carnival Games, Food, Prizes, Treats, Costume Contest, Haunted House
Address: Bluebird Gap Farm 60 Pine Chapel Rd, Hampton, VA
Date: Saturday, October 20, 2018 from 10am-5pm
Fall Festival at City Center at Oyster Point (Newport News)
Address: Chesapeake City Park 900 City Park Dr, Chesapeake, VA
Date: Sunday, October 21, 2018 from 12-5pm
Activity: Bark in the Park is Chesapeake Humane Society’s largest (and furriest) annual fundraiser! We hope you’ll join us for a fun-filled day of pet-friendly activities for the whole family. Come enjoy pet-related vendors, demonstrations, and contests while supporting our life-saving services! Proceeds from Bark in the Park contribute to programs that assist homeless animals and low-income families and their pets all year round.