I grew up apple picking in Central New York and I have wonderful memories of family time spent on the apple farm. Here are a few local places (or a reasonable drive!) if you are craving apples picked fresh from the trees!
This post has been updated for 2020 and may be updated again with additional information. Please make sure to check links/call ahead to confirm hours and that they are open for picking when you plan to go!
- Address: Bush Neck Road, Williamsburg, Virginia 23188
- Contact Info: (757) 258-0114
- Picking information: Update 9/10/20: We don't have any fruit to pick at this time. We will have Apples to pick for Field Trips ONLY. Call or check Facebook for updates.
- Address: 575 Thomas Jefferson Parkway, Charlottesville, VA 22902
- Contact Info: (434) 977-1833 or Info@CarterMountainOrchard.com
- Picking information: According to their website and Facebook update posted 9/9/20: As of September 11th they are OPEN for 2020 pick-your-own apples in season with some updates and changes due to COVID-19. Options are available for pick your own, drive through, or picking up at remote locations. For Pick Your Own there is a new Ticketed Entry in order to moderate crowd size, tickets will be required to enter the orchard grounds. Please call or check website for updates.
- Address: Cullipher Berry Patch 772 Princess Anne Road Virginia Beach, VA 23457
- Contact Info: (757) 721-7456
Picking information: Limited Upick still available for the 2020 season.
Update 9/25: We are still going to allow picking in the Apple orchard but please read below for changes to u-pick apples with the beginning of the pumpkin patch.
Our Apple Orchard will be open sporadically through the end of the our apple season between Tuesday and Friday.
We are mainly picking our Evercrisp variety which is a cross between a Honeycrisp and a Fuji apple. There will be no admission sales on the farm - please purchase wristband in advance of driving to secure admission for any particular day.
$2 Wristband Entry fee to pick apples only and does not apply to any other activities on the farm. This fee will be deducted from the total purchase price of the apples you pick so if your group purchased 3 wristbands for entry, then $6 (3 x $2) will be deducted from your apple purchase. We strongly recommend that you bring your own wagon.
Please call or check their Facebook for updates!
- Address: 213 Martin Farm Lane, Knotts Island, NC 27590
- Contact Info: (252) 429-3564
- Picking information: According to their Facebook page they are OPEN for the 2020 pick-your-own apple season (and pears too!). U-pick apples are $2.29/lb. You may bring your own containers. Make sure to call ahead or check Facebook for current picking conditions/availability.
- Address: 2201 Mount Pleasant Rd Chesapeake, Virginia 23322
- Contact Info: (757) 482-0739
- Picking Information: No current U-Pick (summer apples only which are already out of season this year). Find additional updates on their Facebook page for 2020.