Come out and celebrate Hanukkah with celebrations and events on the Southside and the Peninsula! Additions to this FREE Community Listing can be Submitted HERE!
Friday, November 30, 2018 from 1-2pm - Happy Chanukah Plate
- Where: Peninsula Fine Arts Center (Pfac) 101 Museum Drive, Mariners' Museum Park, Newport News VA
- What: Bring in your little one and we'll paint their hands with non-toxic glaze. Then' they'll leave their handprints on a porcelain plate. After that, we'll add details to your specifications and kiln-fire the plate. Once the plate is finished, we'll give you a call to pick it up. Please allow 7-10 days for firing. Space is limited to 10 children/parent groups.
- Cost: Per plate price is $12 members/ $15 nonmembers Please call 757-596-8175 to register. Payment is due at time of registration.
Sunday, December 2, 2018 from 12-3:30pm - Annual Latke Palooza
- Where: Simon Family JCC, 5000 Corporate Woods Dr, Virginia Beach, VA
- What: FREE & open to the entire community, join the Simon Family JCC, United Jewish Federation of Tidewater: UJFT, Tidewater Jewish Foundation, PJ Library in Tidewater, The Michael & Anita Siegal One Happy Camper Program, Sababa Beach Camps, Ohef Sholom Temple, Congregation Beth El, Jewish Rock Radio's Rick Recht, and more for Latkepalooza - Tidewater's annual community Hanukkah celebration, our first ever Camp Extravaganza and PJ Library, for Rick Recht LIVE!
- Cost: Free and open to all. RSVP Required.
Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 2pm - Dreidels and Stories
- Where: Pretlow Branch Library 111 W Ocean View Ave, Norfolk VA
- What: Celebrate and learn about Hanukkah by hearing stories and having fun with dreidels. (Family)
- Cost: Free
Sunday, December 2, 2018, at 4:30pm - Annual Chanukah Extravaganza
- Where: Mt Trashmore parking lot next to the YMCA, 4441 South Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA
- What: Be there for the lighting of the 25 foot Menorah! There will be FREE fun for the entire family, including the giant menorah lighting, meet Dizzy the Dreidel and Judah Maccabee. Free Light Up Gift! Ryan the Balloon Guy, Real Gelt for the kids, Chanukah treats, Crafts for the kids!
- Cost: Free and open to the public.
Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 6pm - 12th Annual Hanukkah Candle Lighting Extravaganza
- Where: City Center, Oyster Point in Newport News, VA across from the Market Stage Plaza
- What: Hanukkah Candle Lighting Extravaganza. Sing-a-long with Community Hebrew School Students. 5 Area Congregational Rabbis with lead us in the blessings to light the 9 foot Menorah. Raffle, Donuts, Latkes, Dreidel Playing and more. Klezmer Music with the Bagels and Fraylox Band. New this year: Photo Booth
- Cost: Free and open to the public
Thursday, December 6, 2018 from 4pm - Hanukkah Celebration
- Where: Little Creek Branch 7853 Tarpon Place Norfolk, VA
- What: Celebrate Hanukkah with activities, crafts and food. (School age & Family)
- Cost: Free
Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 7pm - Jewish Heritage Night at the Norfolk Admirals
- Where: Norfolk Scope Arena, 201 E Brambleton Ave, Norfolk, VA
- What: Saturday evening December 8th – 7:00 PM Norfolk Admirals vs Manchester Monarchs at Norfolk Scope Arena. HIGHLIGHTS - Grand Menorah Lighting on the ICE - Teddy bear toss for Tzedakah (BYOBear to donate) - Post Game skate with the players - Latkes and Donut Food Sales - Doors open at 6:00pm; Puck drop 7:00pm
- Cost: *Group ticket pricing at $15 is available HERE.
Saturday, December 8, 2018 from 7-9pm - The Best Christmas Pageant Ever and Happy Hanukkah, My Friend
- Where: TCC Roper Center, Norfolk VA
- What: Based on the popular book by Barbara Robinson, THE BEST CHRISTMAS PAGEANT EVER is the funny, heartwarming, and mildly irreverent story of what happens when a church play is hijacked by six of the 'absolutely worst kids in the history of the world'. A holiday tradition for 27 years, this event is presented with Happy Hanukkah, My Friend; a short program celebrating the Festival of Lights.
- Cost: Tickets are $20-25