The Beach Bags outreach program supplies meals and healthy snacks to Virginia Beach school children who might otherwise go without over weekends and school holidays. This program is supported entirely by donations from community members, area businesses and school organizations.
You can make a monetary or food donation for the Beach Bags program from 10am-7pm on Thursday, October 25, 2018 at the following Virginia Beach locations:
- Pembroke Mall (Kohl's parking lot behind Walgreens) 4554 Virginia Beach Boulevard, Virginia Beach
- 74 VBCPS schools are also collecting donations. Contact your child's school for more information about school collections.
Any of the following food items may be donated to be packed in Beach Bags for students:
- Individual-sized cereal boxes or oatmeal
- 8-ounce servings of shelf-stable milk
- Individual-sized meals (ravioli, spaghetti and meatballs, macaroni and cheese, chunky soups, etc.)
- 4-ounce or larger fruit cups
- 100% juice boxes
- Snack items (granola bars, pudding cups, pretzels, trail mix, snack crackers, etc.)
For information on this program, or how your family or business can contribute to Beach Bags now, or throughout the year, please visit www.vbschools.com/beachbags.
Tax-deductible donations may also be made payable to the VBEF and through their website at www.vbef.org.