Nauticus is an advertising partner of MyActiveChild.com.
Nauticus will reopen in a limited capacity on July 3rd (member VIP opening July 2nd) with their "Battleship Only" ticket! Tickets go on sale beginning June 29th.
Get ready to experience a new series of “small group” adventures for families. For the first time ever, guests will be able to take a sailboat cruise on the Elizabeth River, climb high atop the battleship for an awesome panoramic view, and enjoy a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the museum’s aquarium.
Some of Nauticus’ enhanced safety measures include a face mask requirement for guests, touch-free ticketing, heightened cleaning protocols, and additional hand sanitizer stations.
Hours, Tickets and Pricing:
- Nauticus’ Battleship Wisconsin experience will be open Wednesday through Saturday, from 10AM to 5PM, and on Sunday from Noon until 5PM.
- Nauticus’ Battleship Wisconsin experience will cost $11 for adults (ages 13 and up), and $9 for children (ages 4-12) plus tax. Admission is free for children ages 3 and under. No discounts will be offered at this time.
- Advanced, online tickets will be required for all guests and members. Reservations and ticket sales may be made beginning Monday, June 29, and can be secured up to two weeks in advance.
New “Small Group” Adventures:
Tickets for Nauticus’ new “small group” adventures are available for purchase (with admission) online and based on availability.
- Top of the World Battleship Tour – Explore the ship’s uppermost exterior command centers and enjoy the best view of Norfolk’s skyline. Limited to 9 people per tour. $10 per adult or child.
- Underwater Robotics Family Workshop – Take control of your own Seabot and test your skills as you navigate it through our underwater challenge course. Limited to 6 people per group. $30 per group.
- Sail Away Boat Excursion – A licensed sailboat instructor will educate you on the basics of sailing and maritime navigation as your family catches the wind aboard a classic, Harbor 20 Sailboat! $50 per boat for up to 4 people.
- Behind-the-Scenes Aquarium Tour – Come face-to-face with real sharks and get a peek behind the glass as we care for our fish and sea creatures. Limited to 5 people per tour. $40 per tour.
The New Big Wisky Porch:
The Big Wisky Porch, Nauticus’ new casual dining experience, is located on the museum’s front deck overlooking the Elizabeth River and the Half Moone Marina. The restaurant is open Thursday - Saturday from 11am to 8pm, and on Sunday from 11am to 4pm. You do not need to pay Nauticus admission to enjoy the Big Wisky Porch.
Check out our list of Local Museum Reopening Dates/Information Here.