Each week we bring you a new Guest Blog Post with ideas and games to get the kids up and moving as a part of our Get Active series! Today's Get Active Post is brought to you by Sharon from Momondealz!
Musical Chairs Learning
We have had a few days of warm weather this winter but there are still a few weeks before we can expect nice temperatures for outside time. Here is one activity to get your child moving while learning at the same time!
Chairs, music, and flashcards
1. Put about 4-5 chairs in a circle.
2. Create flashcards for the subject area your child is working on (could be abc’s, shapes, math problems, science terms, spelling words, etc) and lay a flashcard on each chair.
3. Play music and have your child dance or walk around the chairs. Stop the music and have your child ID the word, definition, shape, math answer, etc on the card.
4. For each correct answer you can switch out the card for a new one.
5. Continue playing until they have identified all the answers.
Make sure you don't miss any posts from MyActiveChild.com, sign up for our email updates HERE!