Reminder – The 2023 Winter Wildlife Festival
The Winter Wildlife Festival is an annual event in Virginia Beach taking place this upcoming January 28 – February 5, 2023. The Featured activities, virtual workshops, and excursions are taking flight! While most workshops are designed for participants ages 13+, there are some fun events on the schedule for kids too!
Here is a selection of the scheduled events that are open to younger ages:
Photography 101 – Grades 6-12. Registration required.
- Saturday, January 21 | 10:30am – 11:30am
Save the Birds! Story and Craft – Preschoolers (3-5 years) & K-2nd Graders with caregiver. Registration is required.
- Saturday, January 28 | 10:15am – 11:00am
TACO Presents: A Celebration of Birds Storytime & Craft – Join us for a story, a bird-friendly craft, and some fun science as we investigate what makes a bird a bird. Ages 3-7. Registration is required.
- Wednesday, February 1 | 5:30pm – 6:30pm
Blue Goose History & Wildlife Tram Tour; all ages – Transportation is included and required for participation. Trip fees cover transportation & state park costs; admission to the refuge is free.
- Saturday, January 28 | 12:30pm-5pm
- Wednesday, February 1 | 8am-12:30pm
- Saturday, February 4 | 12:30pm-5pm
Cape Henry Tour: ages 8 & up –
- Saturday, January 28 | 8:30am-11:30am
False Cape After Dark all ages –
- Saturday, January 28 and Friday, February 3 | 6pm-9pm
Whale Watching Boat Trip; all ages –
Cost: $30, ages 12 & up., $25, ages 3-11., Free, under 3
- Sunday, January 29 | 10am – 12:30pm
- Thursday, February 2 | 2pm – 4:30pm
- Sunday, February 5 | 10am – 12:30pm
Find the full schedule of activities and excursions for the 2023 Winter Wildlife Festival Here.
To Register Online: Use your existing account, or create a new account with Virginia Beach Recreation Centers and you can then register on https://ezreg.vbgov.com (you do not need to be a member to register!)