Did you know that the local Foodbank accepts donations of fresh produce? Produce may be accepted as long as it will keep (not spoil within a few days) between drop off and distribution.
Help out local families struggling with hunger by giving what you can (and sometimes plant a bit too much of!).
You can contact the Food Bank directly to ask about your specific donation and to coordinate the best time to drop off:
800 Tidewater Drive
Norfolk, VA 23504
Warehouse hours (for pick-up & drop-off):
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 3:00 pm
In addition to seasonal fresh produce the Foodbank is ALWAYS in need of the following:
- Protein, Meat and Fish- peanut butter, tuna, canned ham, canned chicken, beans
- Fruits and Vegetables- canned fruits and vegetables, 100% fruit juice, instant potatoes, fruit preserves, dried fruit
- Grains- cereal, oatmeal, rice, whole grain crackers
- Complete Meals- pasta and sauce, boxed meals, chunky soups, stews
- Baby Products- powdered formula, baby food, diapers, wipes
- Non-perishable food- in non-breakable containers, please