Every toddler's favorite train is coming to town! The Children's Museum of Virginia is hosting Thomas & Friends™: Explore the Rails Exhibit from January 26 - May 12, 2019!
Where: Children's Museum of Virginia, 221 High Street, Portsmouth VA
When: This exhibit is open January 26 - May 12, 2019. The museum is open Tuesday – Thursday: 9am – 5pm, Friday & Saturday: 9am – 5pm, & Sunday: 11am – 5pm.
Cost: Included in museum admission (Don't miss these discounts)
Description: Step inside the World’s Most Beloved #1 Blue Engine! Welcome to the Island of Sodor! In Thomas & Friends™: Explore the Rails visitors find themselves surrounded by the island’s iconic locations: Knapford Station, Sodor Steamworks and much more. Thomas & Friends™: Explore the Rails! was created by Minnesota Children’s Museum, presented by Fisher-Price and sponsored by 3M. It is being locally funded in part by the Norfolk & Portsmouth Beltline Railroad.
Don't miss the Toddler Tracks where kids play inside and around an interactive train engine, build their own tracks, or have fun using the multi-level train table.
Inside the Exhibit:
- Climb into Thomas’ cab and explore the engine’s inner workings. Flip levers and investigate other moveable parts that trigger train noises such as braking, whistles and steam.
- Fix Percy’s wobbly wheel by removing and replacing parts and experimenting to find a combination of wheels, rods and bolts that work.
- Explore the favorite Island of Sodor destinations including: Tidmouth Sheds, Brendam Docks and the Sodor Search & Rescue Station on an over-sized Thomas Wooden Railway train table.
- Work with old and new friends loading luggage, livestock and other freight into the coaches of two train cars.
- Collaborate with others to get Percy moving by loading coal into his coal box and filling his tank with water from a water tower.
- Suit up as the conductor to exchange money and sell tickets to other visitors taking a ride on the train.
- Wander through a Thomas & Friends retrospective featuring model engines from the original live action series produced in London, copies of the original drawings and manuscripts from the Rev. W. Awdry, the creator of Thomas & Friends, and a collection of memorabilia documenting the history and evolution of Thomas & Friends through books, television, and toys.
More Information: CLICK HERE