Congratulations to Katherine and Deborah who were selected as the winners of this Giveaway!
Winners have received an email with instructions on accepting the prize, please respond to that email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: If you entered the giveaway using the Facebook widget make sure to check the email address affiliated with your Facebook account.
In case you have missed the buzz be sure to check out this book by two local authors/fathers - both active duty military!
To help celebrate the success of their new children's book "The Adventures of Connor the Courageous Cutter, Saving Sarah" we are giving away TWO signed copies! Enter the giveaway below and be sure to check out their local signing events!
Didn't win the Giveaway? Click HERE to buy your copy of "Connor the Courageous Cutter, Saving Sarah"!
Book Description: "The Adventures of Connor the Courageous Cutter, Saving Sarah," is the first book of a series of morality-based books that will follow Connor the Cutter and his community of friends in Serendipity Sound as they navigate through many challenges and fun adventures. Join Connor the Courageous Cutter in his first adventure in beautiful Serendipity Sound. When Sarah the Schooner gets caught in a storm, panic riddles the sound. Who will heed the Harbor Masters call and save her? Follow Connor and his fun-loving friends as they learn lessons in courage, teamwork, and friendship with each new adventure.
About the Authors:
A native of McLean, Virginia, and a 1998 Naval Academy graduate, Scott McBride became inspired to write children’s books while attending graduate school at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. As a husband, father of two boys, and active duty Coast Guard Officer, he felt called to share fun and exciting morality-based stories with positive messages to both adults and children. His stories focus on things he truly loves: the Lord, boats, and the sea. He hopes both kids and parents alike find joy and happiness as they share in the adventures that wait for Connor and his friends in Serendipity Sound.
Rod Thompson currently serves on Active Duty in the US Navy, with fifteen years of honorable service. An award-winning, produced screenwriter of both shorts and features, Rod writes stories that feed the soul and occasionally pass down valuable life lessons. A loving husband and epic father, he currently lives in Virginia with his wife and three sons.
Local & Regional Events: Check out these great upcoming events where you can buy your own autographed copy of their book!
- April 23, 2016 Local Authors' Reception, 12pm-3pm. Meet Scott McBride and Rod Thompson along with other local authors at the North Suffolk Library for their Local Authors' Reception. Refreshments will be served and books will be available for purchase at this event. 2000 Bennetts Creek Park Road Suffolk, VA 23435
- May 7, 2016 Book Reading and Signing at Page After Page Bookstore, Elizabeth City, NC 10am-2pm. Come meet the authors and purchase your autographed copy of the book at our first book reading and signing in Elizabeth City! 111 South Water Street Elizabeth City, NC 27909
- May 12, 2016 Book Reading and Signing at Barnes and Noble, Annapolis, MD, 5pm-7pm. Come meet the authors and purchase your autographed copy of the book at this book reading and signing at the Barnes and Noble in Annapolis. GO NAVY! 2516 Solomans Island Road Annapolis, MD 21401
- May 14, 2016 Book Reading and Signing at Barnes and Noble at Chesterfield Towne Center, 2pm-4pm. Come meet the authors and illustrator and purchase your autographed copy of the book at this book reading and signing at Brian Martin's hometown Barnes and Noble! 11500 Midlothian Turnpike Richmond, VA 23235
- May 21, 2016 Book Signing during the NC Potato Festival, Elizabeth City, NC 10am-2pm. Authors Scott McBride and Rod Thompson will be signing books at Page After Page Bookstore during the North Carolina Potato Festival. The Potato Festival is fun for the whole family- amusement rides, food, live entertainment, arts and crafts, the National Potato Peeling Contest and Connor the Cutter! Page After Page Bookstore 111 South Water Street Elizabeth City, NC 27909
- June 4, 2016 Book Reading and Signing at Walls of Books, Washington DC, 11am. Join authors Scott McBride and Rod Thompson for a fun book reading and signing event- the first Connor the Cutter event to be held in Washington DC! Walls of Books 3325 Georgia Avenue NW Washington, DC, 20010
- June 11, 2016 Book Reading and Signing at the North Suffolk Public Library, 10am-12pm. Join authors Scott and Rod for a fun morning at the library! The authors will do a reading of the book and the library will be providing a fun craft as well. 2000 Bennetts Creek Park Road Suffolk, VA 23435