Date Night! Connecting with your significant other at a grownup activity (or at least just going somewhere without kids in tow) can be an important part of self-care and nurturing your relationship. If you been meaning to get one scheduled but just aren't sure what there is to get out and DO, this is the series for you!
Grab your significant other and check out one of the events in our new Date Night Series: Date Night in Hampton Roads!
Date Night in Hampton Roads is brought to you by:
Date Night Idea: Train and the Goo Goo Dolls Summer Tour
Where: Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater at Virginia Beach 3550 Cellar Door Way, Virginia Beach, VA 23456
When: Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 7pm
Description: Two pop radio icons behind the hits “Drops of Jupiter” and “Iris” return to the stage with a set of greatest hits and new songs.
- Their breakthrough: After releasing the sleeper-hit “Meet Virginia,” the San Francisco quintet completely took over the radio airwaves with the 2001 multi-platinum album Drops of Jupiter, whose title track spent 10 months in the Top 40 and won two Grammy Awards.
- Other hits in their catalog: the Grammy-winning song and most downloaded single of 2010 “Hey Soul Sister,” “Drive By,” which cracked the Top 10 in over a dozen different countries, and the Billboard Hot 100 hit “Play That Song” off of their 2017 album, A Girl, a Bottle, a Boat.
- A sample of their accolades: The group has sold more than 30 million singles and 10 million albums worldwide while earning 14 songs on the Billboard Hot 100 with multiple platinum/gold citations, plus three Grammy awards, two Billboard Music Awards, and dozens of other honors.
The latest album: The band returns with the November release, Greatest Hits, featuring 16 fan favorites from their 20+-year career and a special cover of one of frontman Pat Monahan’s favorite songs, George Michael’s “Careless Whisper.”
Goo Goo Dolls
- Goo Goo Dolls uphold an unbreakable connection to countless fans: Their influence has been fortified by a catalog replete with the unforgettable smashes “Name,” “Iris,” and “Slide,” which were all included in the Top 25 of Billboard’s “Top 100 Pop Songs, 1992–2012” chart.
- Other hits include: “Black Balloon,” “So Alive,” and many more, which have helped them sell more than 12 million albums worldwide and earned them four Grammy Award nominations to date.
- Fourteen Top 10 radio hits at Hot AC: “The most of any artist in history”—led by “Iris,” which dominated the Hot 100 Pop Chart at No. 1 for 18 straight weeks.
- The latest albums: The Audience is That Way (The Rest of the Show) Live, Vol. 2 is set to be released on November 23 via Warner Bros. Records, and the band is currently working on their 1