Congratulations to Lauren G who was selected as the winner of this Giveaway! The winner has received an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instruction on claiming this prize. Thank you to all who entered!
Save the Date for this historical event - it is time for Battle of Hampton Roads Weekend at The Mariners' Museum and we have a Family 4 pack of Admission to Giveaway to one lucky MyActiveChild family!
Commemorate the 156th anniversary of the Battle of the Ironclads! This weekend event is held annually to commemorate the 1862 Battle of the Ironclads between the USS Monitor versus the CSS Virginia. One hundred and fifty-six years later, the Museum remembers the Battle with a weekend full of family-friendly activities, crafts, re-enactors, cannon firing and iron pouring demonstrations, lectures, and more!
Where: The Mariners’ Museum 100 Museum Drive Newport News, VA 23606
When: Friday, Saturday & Sunday, March 9-11, 2018
Cost: Most activities FREE with paid admission. Enter our Giveaway below to win Four Admission Tickets to the Mariners' Museum as well as four 3D-movie passes to the Explorers Theater in the Museum!
- Reenactors, featuring the Tidewater Maritime History Association
- Climb into a replica of the H. L. Hunley, an 1863 Civil War submarine
- Cannon firing with Pegram's Artillery Unit from the National Park Service
- Family programming with period games and crafts
- Live iron pour demonstrations on Saturday
- Local art vendors and blacksmiths
- Educational lectures with historians and experts
- Create your own Lego Civil War ironclad ship
- Photo opportunities with Abraham Lincoln
- Tour the USS Monitor Center's Batten Conservation Complex