This list of Local Scavenger Hunts in Hampton Roads has something for everyone!
Take a backyard walk with the little ones to find select leaves and bugs, jump on bikes and take pictures throughout Fort Monroe, check out the Mermaids in Norfolk, find painted rocks in Newport News, Dinosaurs in Virginia Beach, or sign-up to be a citizen scientist to help the Elizabeth River Project!
There are even scavenger hunts you can do at home using household objects, and a virtual scavenger perfect for rainy days.
2. Elizabeth River Project Scavenger Hunts (you will need to register with inaturalist.org and join the project)
- Pirate Adventure Scavenger
- Hunt Tree Identification Walk
- Scavenger Hunt: Lines (Ages 5–10)
- Scavenger Hunt: Texture (Ages 5–10)
- Scavenger Hunt: Shapes (Ages 5–10)
- Scavenger Hunt: Colors (Ages 5–10)
8. Downtown Norfolk Virtual Scavenger Hunt (note: The contest has ended but you can still do the hunt for fun!)
- Artifact Scavenger Hunt
- Douglas MacArthur History Scavenger Hunt
- World War II Scavenger Hunt
15. Toads on High Street - Stop by the Visitor Kiosk at High Street Landing and pick up your Toads on High Street guide!
16. Annual Event! The Amazing Peanut Chase Scavenger Hunt (stay tuned for 2021!)
17. Jerrassic Park Scavenger Hunt at the Military Aviation Museum
18. Kids in Parks Adventures @ First Landing State Park
- A Quest for Dragons
- Nature's Hide & Seek
- Birds of the Coast
- Need for Trees
19. Nature Bus Virtual Scavenger Hunt for First Landing State Park - Cape Henry Trail (perfect for a rainy day!)
** BONUS! Geocaching in Hampton Roads - check out SNAP!!!! Geocaching, a great local blog with lots of great information about local caches throughout the Hampton Roads Area. **