I received an email about this program and wanted to make sure I shared it with you. A fun way for the kids to get creative with photography/video this summer. This project is for kids ages 10-18 who live in Virginia. Via their website:
Make a statement! Find your voice! Share your insight!
Photo Voice Goals:
- To understand what Virginia youth know about public health.
- To explore the unique public health issues in Virginia communities.
- To encourage Virginia teenagers to consider why public health matters.
What is Photo Voice?
- Photo Voice is an opportunity for Virginia youth between 10 and 18 years of age to share what they know about public health! This project is a chance for Virginia teenagers to open peoples’ eyes and minds to public health issues, challenges, and experiences that matter to them. All participants should answer one or more of the following questions with their entry:
- What is public health?
- Where is public health in my community?
- What is a public health professional?
ALL youth participants will also receive a FREE $10 gift card to Starbucks, iTunes, or Wal-mart.
In addition to the Photo Voice Project, the Commonwealth Public Health Training Center is also engaging PARENTS of youth (10-18 years) in public health dialogue with a parents of youth survey: http://www.vayouth.mph.vetmed.vt.edu/?page_id=356. ALL parent participants will also receive a FREE $10 gift card to Starbucks, iTunes, or Wal-mart.