Cooking Kits & Online Cooking Resources for Kids!
It can be easy, in the rush of a busy day, to NOT get the kids involved in cooking.
I have certainly found myself cooking on my own because honestly, it can be a lot less work. Get everyone excited about kids in the kitchen with these subscription boxes, cooking kits, and resources!
What a great opportunity for kids to learn new skills.
Make surer to check out our listings of Local Cooking Classes for Kids in Hampton Roads, Virginia!
Here are some online resources and subscription kits designed for Cooking with Kids:
1. NEW – KiwiCo’s Yummy Crate: Ages 6-14– A new subscription crate from KiwiCo, this one focused on kids cooking activities!
5. ChopChop Cooking Club is a free online resource that offers regular family cooking challenges and awards prizes.
6. Outschool – a great selection of online cooking classes for a variety of ages. Discover why 500K+ kids enjoy Outschool classes. Find 150K+ topics for ages 3-18. (Get $10 off for your first class during November at Outschool with code GET10OS)
7. Craftsy has made a huge catalog of how-to videos available on their crafting website. There are several cooking classes that cater directly to kids, and others that are family-focused. Check out the available classes here: https://www.craftsy.com/all-classes/
8. America’s Test Kitchen Kids has streaming content with recipes and cooking activities that cover everything from knives to cakes. They are also now offering Young Chefs’ Club boxes. Every month, kids receive a themed box filled with unique kid-tested and kid-approved recipes (that are great for the whole family), engaging hands-on activities and experiments, and other creative items (ranging from family-friendly games to useful kitchen tools, flavorful spices, and more!). Check out this option and other available resources here: https://www.americastestkitchen.com/kids/home
9. Kids Cook Real Food is a paid program offering online cooking classes for kids.