Moms on a Mission (Volunteer Opportunities For Families)
I get asked all the time if I know of volunteer opportunities for children and families so I was thrilled when I discovered a group of local moms putting together events and opportunities for all ages! This quote from the Moms on a Mission Facebook Page really resonated with me:
“It all started with a girl’s night out and a desire to teach our children to value others, appreciate what they have and give back to the community. This led us to brainstorm how we can do this on an ongoing basis, not only on Christmas and holidays!”
Moms on a Mission is a group of local women in Hampton Roads who are currently working to put together and donate laundry baskets full of household items to families moving out of homeless shelters into permanent housing. Most families leaving a shelter have nothing to bring with them, not even a blanket, so a basket of household items provides the jump start they need to help get them on their feet.
Ways Your Active Family Can Get Involved!
- Upcoming volunteer events
- Host Your Own Basket Drive!
- All the info is on the “Get Involved” tab of the Moms on a Mission website. There are also additional ways to help listed.
- Make a donation to support Moms on a Mission operations/events/Welcome Home baskets.
- They accept Venmo and Paypal through the “Donate” button on their website. They also accept cash, check or credit card donations at their events. Moms on a Mission is a 501(c)(3) organization so all donations are tax-deductible.
- Corporate Sponsorship – Moms on a Mission is looking for companies that do business in Hampton Roads that would consider giving back to their community through Corporate Sponsorships. If you work for, know of, or have connections to any companies that would be interested in partnering Moms on a Mission they would love to connect with them!
- Follow the Moms on a Mission Facebook page
- Follow for posts about updated needs and events your family can be a part of.