MyActiveChild.com is thrilled to bring you an easy way to raise money for one of three favorite local charities in Hampton Roads!
nTelos Cares is a program brought to us through nTelos Wireless. MyActiveChild.com and nTelos Cares have teamed up to facilitate a donation- up to $2500 - to a Hampton Roads charity through sharing on Facebook and Twitter.
The rules for this promotion are simple. Vote through this post for your favorite charity and then SHARE this post via Facebook and Twitter. For every LIKE, SHARE, or TWEET nTelos Cares will donate $1 to the winning charity, up to $2,500! Complete Contest Rules can be found HERE.
To add to the fun one lucky voter will be selected to win an "nTelos Night Out" prize pack: Two free tickets to the concert of the winner's choice at the Portsmouth nTelos Wireless Pavilion AND a gift certificate for dinner for two at a local restaurant near the venue!
We have selected three different charities to potentially receive funds through the nTelos Cares Promotion.
- Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters is the facility of choice for pediatric care in southeastern Virginia and northeastern North Carolina. Whether a child needs hospitalization, ongoing care for a chronic illness, outpatient surgery or primary care, CHKD Health System is there to provide care, regardless of the family's ability to pay.
- ForKids works to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty for families in children in Hampton Roads. They provide emergency shelter to over 60 families in crisis giving families a safe place to stay while they gain essential life skills, stabilize employment, reduce debt and work toward self-sufficiency. They also provide over 175 families and 300 children with tutoring, mentoring, and mental health counseling. The award-winning "Hot Meals and Homework" program provides weekly after-school tutoring and a hot meal for the entire family. These programs all work together to provide life-changing and long-term self-sufficiency for every family served.
Local Food Banks (Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula)
- The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore (FSEVA) was founded in 1981. Since its inception, the Foodbank has distributed over 200 million meals through Partner Agencies and Programs within the community. The Foodbank has changed over the years and continues to adapt to the needs of the individuals we serve, but the mission remains to lead the effort to eliminate hunger in our community.
- Since its inception in 1986, the Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula has distributed over 111,436,209 pounds of food to neighbors in the community. For the fiscal year 2011-2012, the Foodbank distributed 9,641,357 pounds of food.
It is easy to help MyActiveChild.com raise money for one of these wonderful organizations:
3. Tweet to all of your Twitter friends (just make sure to use the hashtag #nTelosCaresHR)! Suggested tweet: Help raise money for
#HRVA charities with #nTelosCaresHR and @MyActiveChild! http://myactivechild.com/blog/help-myactivechildcom-raise-money-local-charities-ntelos-car/
This promotion will run from April 8 - 22, 2013. Please help us spread the word, you can even share directly from this post using the Social Sharing buttons below!