I love when there is an opportunity to go to your favorite museums for FREE! This great event is back again for Fall 2019 and there are some GREAT local museums participating!
The Smithsonian Museum Day Live! event is Saturday, September 21, 2019!
According to the Smithsonian website, included in this promotion are the following local museums. Tickets will be available on the Smithsonian website to PRINT on August 15, 2019:
- Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum (Williamsburg)
- Agecroft Hall & Gardens (Richmond)
- Art Museums of Colonial Williamsburg (Williamsburg)
- Bacon's Castle (Surry)
- Cape Henry Lighthouse (Virginia Beach)
- DeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum (Williamsburg)
- Edgar Allan Poe Museum (Richmond)
- Hampton History Museum (Hampton)
- Hermitage Museum & Gardens (Norfolk)
- Maymont (Richmond)
- Portsmouth Colored Community Library Museum (Portsmouth) This museum is always free admission.
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard Museum (Portsmouth)
- Smith's Fort (Surry)
- The John Marshall House (Richmond)
- The Lightship PORTSMOUTH Museum (Portsmouth) This museum is always free admission.
- The American Civil War Museum: Historic Tredegar (Richmond)
- The American Civil War Museum: White House of the Confederacy (Richmond)
- The Valentine (Richmond)
- Virginia Beach History Museums- Francis Land House (Virginia Beach)
- Virginia MOCA (Virginia Beach)
- Virginia Museum of History & Culture (Richmond)
- Virginia Musical Museum & Hall of Fame (Williamsburg)
- Wilton House Museum (Richmond)