Nauticus is an advertising partner of MyActiveChild.com.
FLASH SALE! Today only you can use Promo Code FLASH to purchase $6 Adult Admission Tickets to Dickens' Christmas Towne to be used on Friday, December 7th ONLY. Click HERE to Purchase!
Dickens' Christmas Towne is back in 2018 for even more holiday magic! Don't miss opening weekend, November 17-18, 2018!
Where: Decker Half Moone Center, 1 Waterside Dr, Norfolk VA
When: November 17 - December 31, 2018. See the daily schedule below.
Tickets: $5 for kids (ages 3-12), $7.50 for adults, and admission is free for children ages 2 and under.
What’s New at Dickens’ Christmas Towne? This year marks the 175th anniversary of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol and Dickens’ Christmas Towne will feature more magic and more memories than ever before! NEW entertainment, NEW shows, NEW puppets and so much more will delight your entire family. Here are few exciting things you’ll experience this year!
The Art of Christmas The Art of Christmas is a new exhibit featuring original art by the acclaimed illustrator, PJ Lynch. This world-renowned artist brought Dickens’ classic story to life through his beautiful illustrations of A Christmas Carol. Come see his original artwork and purchase your own copy of his illustrated book at Dickens’ Christmas Towne!
Receive a FREE copy of A Christmas Carol! This year, EVERY CHILD will receive a FREE copy of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol. Your child can take home the magic of Dickens’ Christmas Towne and make it part of your Holiday traditions.
New Shops! Among your classic favorites, like Jody’s Popcorn, Memory Lane Old Time Photos, Two Leaves Tea and Hears the Scoop Ice Cream, we have some new shops opening that will delight your eyes and taste buds. Wax Works joins the vendors of Dickens’s Christmas Towne, where you can make your own custom wax creations! And don’t forget to satisfy your sweet tooth at the Chocolate Moonshine Company—you’ll come begging for more!
Fairies! Fairies! Fairies are everywhere! Can you spot them? Keep an eye out for our magical guests and explore their world through hidden fairy doors you’ll spot throughout Dickens’ Christmas Towne.
New Tea Parties! This year, there are more opportunities than ever to enjoy new tea parties at Dickens’ Christmas Towne. Feel like a princess at our Once Upon a Tea Party, celebrate your very merry un-birthday at A Mad Tea Party or never grow up with Tea in Neverland. Reserve your spot NOW!
Dickens Christmas Towne has also brought back the very best of seasons’ past, including an elaborate indoor train display, indoor snow fall, Geoffrey “the talking Christmas Tree,” Puppet Shows, Father Christmas, amazing jugglers, magicians, and performers. There will also be extra programming the week after Christmas when the kids are off of school. See full schedule below.
Dickens’ Christmas Towne’s December 2018 hours are:
- Sat. 11/17: 10:00AM – 8:00PM
- Sun. 11/18: Noon – 6:00PM
- Fri. 11/23: 10:00AM – 8:00PM
- Sat. 11/24: 10:00AM – 8:00PM
- Sun. 11/25: Noon – 6:00PM
- Fri. 11/30: 4:00PM – 8:00PM
- Sat. 12/1: 10:00AM – 8:00PM
- Sun. 12/2: Noon – 6:00PM
- Fri.12/7: 4:00PM – 8:00PM
- Sat. 12/8: 10:00AM – 8:00PM
- Sun. 12/9: Noon – 6:00PM
- Fri. 12/14: 4:00PM – 8:00PM
- Sat. 12/15: 10:00AM – 8:00PM
- Sun. 12/16: Noon – 6:00PM
- Mon. 12/17: 4:00PM – 8:00PM
- Tue. 12/18: 4:00PM – 8:00PM
- Wed. 12/19: 4:00PM – 8:00PM
- Thu. 12/20: 4:00PM – 8:00PM
- Fri. 12/21: 10:00AM – 8:00PM
- Sat. 12/22: 10:00AM – 8:00PM
- Sun. 12/23: Noon – 6:00PM
- Mon. 12/24: 10:00AM – 3:00PM Christmas Eve
- Tue. 12/25: CLOSED-Christmas
- Wed 12/26: Super Hero Day! 10:00AM – 6:00PM Meet Marvel Super Heroes Black Panther and Captain America. Admission includes FREE entrance to Dickens’ Christmas Towne! ©2018 MARVEL
- Thu. 12/27: Princess & Pirate Party! 10:00AM – 6:00PM FREE admission to all children up to age 12 dressed as a princess or pirate!
- Fri. 12/28: Arctic Blast 10:00AM – 6:00PM This snow and ice celebration features ice sculptures and the Great Snowball Challenge!
- Sat. 12/29: Arctic Blast 10:00AM – 6:00PM This snow and ice celebration features ice sculptures and the Great Snowball Challenge!
- Sun. 12/30: Noon – 6:00PM
- Mon. 12/31: New Year’s Eve Party & Balloon Drop 10:00AM – 6:00PM Ring in the New Year with this kid-friendly event featuring a balloon drop at 3 p.m.!