Sunflowers! The Gardens at 1620 (Weekend Special!)
Cullipher Farm is an advertising partner of MyActiveChild.com
**Weekend Special – July 9-11, 2021 only – mention MyActiveChild at checkout and receive a FREE Sunflower bloom!**
New this year, explore the 20 varieties of sunflowers this summer by visiting The Gardens at 1620, brought to you by Cullipher Farm!
Located at 1620 Princess Anne, there are over 20 varieties of sunflowers that were planted sequentially over a month. This timed planting will allow the four fields to bloom at different times, with different varieties over the months of July and August.
Please secure your ticket before making the drive out – admission tickets will not be sold on-site.
Location: 1620 Princess Anne Road, Virginia Beach, VA, 23456
Hours: Noon – 8:30 Thursday and Friday / 10am – 8:30pm on Saturday and 10am – 6pm on Sunday. This may be changed for weather or field conditions. Closed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Please do not trespass after hours.
Opening and closing dates: will be determined by Mother Nature and updates will be posted on The Gardens at 1620 Facebook page. Once open, we hope to have four separate rotating fields of blooms that will last into early fall.
Cost: $5 per person entering the field regardless of age which includes admission wristband and two precut blooms to be selected upon arrival. Admission wristbands for entry are not sold onsite so please secure your admission wristband prior to making the drive out. Each person will be required to put on their wristband prior to entry to the field.
Cost for Additional Blooms: $2 per bloom (not by stem) precut or Ucut on site. Tall sunflowers over 6 feet are not available for harvest and should not be cut.
General Rules of the Field: Anyone – you, your group, and/or your photographer – will be asked to leave the property if you cannot follow these General Rules or the Photography Guidelines listed below.
- Do not destroy or damage the sunflowers; you must pay for the blooms that you cut so please be careful when choosing blooms.
- Stay on the provided paths.
- Be respectful to other visitors and do not restrict access or block off areas. Do not cause any disruption to our operation or the experience of our other guests.
- No smoking or drinking on the property.
- Only the sunflower fields are open to the public so please do not stray on the farm. Staff will advise you which one of the four fields is open and you should only be in that particular field.
- Please wear appropriate attire as the fields are a family destination.
- No drones or other unmanned flying systems.
Photography Guidelines for 1620 location: You are encouraged to capture your experience, but the following guidelines are in place for all photographers, professional or amateur, in addition to the General Rules listed above:
- Only equipment allowed in the field is your camera, a tripod and a flash – please leave everything else in your vehicle.
- NO staging or furniture.
Pets: Please leave your pets at home. Only service animals will be allowed outside of vehicles and in the fields. If you have a service animal, please make sure that the staff of The Gardens at 1620 are aware of your service animal and where you are going in the field. Please keep your animal on a leash and controlled at all times and be prepared to clean up after your service animal as needed.
Recommendations for your visit