I recently had the opportunity to try a selection of food from Wholesome Goodness, a new line of "affordable, better-for-you foods" that just launched in the Hampton Roads and Norfolk area last month.
The line includes family favorites like oatmeal, cereal, granola bars, omega and veggie chips, juices, dairy-alternative beverages, pasta sauces and more. It’s made with only natural ingredients and nothing artificial is used. In fact, they ban the use of 126 different ingredients like high fructose corn syrup and other artificial additives -I have really been trying to limit some of these ingredients so I jumped at the chance to try this!
To give you an idea of how the food went over in my house....there is nothing left. We tried everything from Chocolate Almond Milk to granola bars, tortilla chips and oatmeal. It was systemically devoured by my family, including my husband who often cringes when I bring "healthier" alternatives into the house.
Wholesome Goodness states that the foods "strike a balance of nutritious and great tasting", and I generally would agree. My husband is very picky about BBQ sauce and thought it was a bit too sweet, and neither of us were huge fans of the Grilled Vegetable Tortilla chips but the kids loved them. I personally really liked the Whole Grain Sea Salt Crisps and granola bars, and as I mentioned, it all got eaten!
Some of the food we tried was sweetened and salted although I would say quite a bit less than many other brands on the market. This actually made it a nice alternative for us as I tend to bring home the very healthy options that can sometimes lack taste and that my family can be hesitant to eat. I did find Wholesome Goodness to be a good balance on healthy and taste, and a nice way to incorporate "healthier" options of various foods that my family eats on a regular basis.
While I have not purchased this line in the stores yet they can be found at several area Walmart locations in the produce section, and are reported to be very competitively priced. Hampton Roads is one of the first markets in the country where this line of food is available. You can find a location near you by clicking HERE. You can also find out more about Wholesome Goodness by visiting their Website, Facebook Page, and Twitter.
The best part of doing this review? I get to share some of these products with you! One lucky winner will receive a prize pack that includes:
- Multigrain O’s: Made from a blend of five grains, this cereal has 12g of whole grains per serving, and is a great source of fiber.
- Chocolate Almond Drink: Rich in calcium and vitamin D, the Chocolate Almond Drink is a great alternative to chocolate milk that contains 700mg of Omega-6 and 70mg of Omega-3 fatty acids, no saturated fat and is both lactose and cholesterol free.
- Omega Apple Cinnamon Granola Bars: These hearty granola bars are made with a blend of whole grain rolled oats, whole grain wheat flakes, crisp rice, brown sugar, pumpkin seeds, roasted sunflower seed kernels and more, with flax seed meal for an Omega boost.
- Quick Cook Steel Cut Oats: The great taste of steel cut oats in only a fraction of the time, one serving features 40g of whole grain and is an excellent source of fiber, iron and protein.
- Whole Grain Sea Salt Crisps: With 19g of whole grains per serving, the Whole Grain Crisps are a light, great-tasting and low-sodium snack.
- Grilled Vegetable Tortilla Chips: By using a vegetable medley of green and red bell peppers, broccoli, tomato and carrots, these chips deliver 1/3 cup of vegetables per serving.
- Multi Grain & Flax Tortilla Chips: Made with an ancient grain medley of amaranth, millet, quinoa, sorghum and teff, these chips deliver 20g of whole grains and 200mg of Omega-3.
- Mild Garden Salsa: Features 66 percent less sodium than Tostito’s brand and a zesty kick.
- Kansas City Style Barbecue Sauce: The first ingredient in Wholesome Goodness barbecue sauce is tomatoes, unlike most mainstream brands that start with high fructose corn syrup. The Kansas City-inspired version delivers a sweet and savory smoked flavor.
- Mountain Mix Trail Mix Snack Tubes: Available in lunch box-friendly, single-serving snack tubes. In our trail mixes, all nuts are Infusion Roasted™, meaning they are immersed in a sea salt bath then slow roasted for 30 minutes without added oil.
Enter below, and good luck!