You are invited to the Open House on Saturday, January 31st at Chesapeake Montessori School!
Join faculty and staff of Chesapeake Montessori School to tour their campuses, learn about the Montessori philosophy, and explore their classrooms and materials.
Address of Great Bridge Campus: 516 Albemarle Drive, Suite C Chesapeake, VA 23322
Address of Grassfield Campus: 2013 Scenic Parkway Chesapeake, VA 23323
Can't make the Open House? Call (757) 547-7673 to schedule a tour!
Some fun facts about Chesapeake Montessori School:
Did you know these things about Infants, Toddlers, and Children's House?
- Children are taught according to ability and readiness, not age.
- Children are exposed to a variety science and geography topics
- We have an academic environment where children can manipulate materials and learn by doing instead of by being told.
- We offer freedom of choice and instill responsibility.
- The Montessori method instills a strong love of learning.
- Montessori students are independent and able to make good choices.
- Studies indicate Montessori children have better social and academic skills than conventionally schooled children.
- We learn to spell and read through phonics.
- Our students start writing in cursive first.
Did you know these things about Lower Elementary?
- 90% of our students who left lower elementary last year and entered public school were
- accepted into the GATE Program (gifted education).
- We raise money to go on an overnight field trip each year.
- We grow vegetables using a hydroponic gardening system.
- We pride ourselves on our sense of community.
- We crochet and bake.
- We become quite proficient in time management.
- Our curriculum is designed to foster higher order thinking skills.
- All elementary students are instructed in reading, language, writing, math, geometry, geography, science and history. We also have physical education twice a week, Spanish twice a week, Art and Music with specialty teachers.
Did you know these things about Upper Elementary?
- Our children scored extremely well on the Stanford 10 Achievement Test last year, several scored at the post high school level in multiple categories (PHS).
- We teach two strands of history each week- World History and US/Virginia History.
- We teach Latin and Greek roots
- Our sixth graders have been conjugating verbs in three languages (English, Spanish and Latin).
- We have Book Clubs.
- Ms. Ellis, one of our teachers, says upper elementary students know their grammar better than her college students.
- We mummified a chicken and buried it.
- We made a life size teepee.
- We quilt, sew, crochet and bake.
- We camp, garden and are stewards of the Earth.
- We learn keyboarding skills.
Find out more at http://www.chesapeakemontessorischool.com/
Make sure you don't miss any posts from MyActiveChild.com, sign up for our email updates HERE!