This post is sponsored and was written by Virginia Beach Parks & Recreation, an advertising partner of MyActiveChild.
It’s the season of giving and the pressure to find just the right gift can be stressful. When it seems like everyone on your list already has everything they need, think outside of the box - or bag - and get in tune with the latest trends – experience gifts!
The beauty of giving an experience is the special value they have in creating lasting memories, which is something that most tangible objects (ie. a basic toy or standard article of clothing) can never do! Think about it. Do you remember the things you did and saw on your last vacation, or what you packed in your suitcase?
Virginia Beach Parks & Recreation has gift cards available so that everyone on your list can choose their own adventure. Here are five things you can do with a Parks & Rec gift card:
1. Get active - Our recreation centers feature gymnasiums, cardio and weight training equipment, indoor pools, climbing walls and more. Gift cards can be used towards the purchase of an annual membership or the first month's payment of a month to month membership. Membership includes access to all seven locations!
2. Get fit - Whether it's through BodyPUMP®, Zumba®, yoga or HIIT, our group fitness classes are a great way to burn off those holiday treats! Gift cards can also be used for personal training sessions so your recipient can be a personalized fitness experience with a professional.
3. Get creative - With arts and crafts, dance and martial arts classes, there's plenty of opportunity to unlock those artistic abilities and find a new hobby.
4. Go swimming - Our amazing indoor pools have amenities like slides, interactive water features, diving boards and lap lanes that every member of the family can enjoy. A gift card can be used to purchase day passes as well as swim lessons. The parents on your list will thank you for giving them something to do with their kiddos when the weather is less than ideal and they need to get the wiggles out!
5. Get outdoors - There's no better way to get up close and personal with the great outdoors and wildlife than through a guided kayak tour or hike. Gift cards can also be used to rent a picnic shelter in one of our beautiful city parks which make the perfect location for reunions, graduations, birthdays, and other special occasions.
And don’t forget, it’s not just about giving. You probably have family and friends asking what you want like this year. Remember, the best gifts can't be wrapped! Give your friends, family and yourself an exciting experience with a Virginia Beach Parks & Recreation gift card.
Pick up a Parks & Recreation gift card at any Virginia Beach Recreation Center. Gift cards never expire and can be purchased in any amount.