The Chrysler Museum is an advertising partner of MyActiveChild.com
The vibrant children’s books you know and love have come to life at the Chrysler Museum in Eric Carle: Moonlit Nights & Other Illustrations. See more than 80 original works by the beloved author and illustrator and enjoy an interactive space filled with games, puppets, costumes and Carle’s books.
Where: Chrysler Museum of Art One Memorial Place Norfolk, Virginia 23510
When: The Eric Carle: Moonlit Nights & Other Illustrations exhibit is available through September 8, 2019. Museum Hours: Tuesday-Saturday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.
Upcoming Events for Families:
- Eric Carle Tickle My Ears
- Thursdays, August 1 and 15, 2019 at 10:30 a.m.
- Meet us in the gallery for storytime as we read some of Eric Carle's most popular books. Recommended for ages 2–5.
- Moonlit Nights Pajama Party
- Thursday, August 22, 2019 from 5–8 p.m.
- Experience Eric Carle: Moonlit Nights & Other Illustrations after hours! Bring the whole family for s’mores, tours and astronomy activities. Don’t forget to wear your best jammies and bring your favorite stuffed animal. Registration is recommended.
All programs are free. For more information and to register, visit chrysler.org.
Eric Carle: Moonlit Nights & Other Illustrations is organized by The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art, Amherst, Massachusetts.
The Chrysler Museum of Art presentation is made possible by Wells Fargo.
Image: Eric Carle (American, b. 1929), Illustration for The Secret Birthday Message (HarperCollins), Collection of Eric and Barbara Carle © 1972, 1998 Eric Carle