2021 Outdoor Movie Nights in Hampton Roads (Updated)
There are normally quite a few outdoor movie events in Hampton Roads, but COVID-19 has caused lots of cancelations and rescheduling! These are the Outdoor Movie nights we know are still listed as happening. Please check links for the most recent updates and don’t forget your masks!
Did we miss an event? Please enter the event information HERE to be added to the list (there is no cost to be on this list).
Chesapeake Family Movie Park
Address: 3064 Yadkin Rd, Chesapeake VA
Show time is 8:45. Admission is $30 per car. $30 per car ($25 if bought online)
- Saturday, September 11, 2021 – Casper
CHRYSLER MUSEUM OUTDOOR MOVIE NIGHTS: Free / Registration is required. Please bring your mask in case you need to visit the Museum restrooms during your visit. Masks are required while inside the Museum.
- Thursday, September 16 at 7:30 p.m. (Gate opens at 7 p.m.)
- SOUL Joe is a middle-school band teacher whose life hasn’t quite gone the way he expected. His true passion is jazz, and he’s good. But when he travels to another realm to help someone find their passion, he soon discovers what it means to have soul. Celebrate Alma W. Thomas: Everything Is Beautiful with a movie about teaching others while discovering your own spark of inspiration.
- Wednesday, September 29 at 6 p.m.
- THE GARDEN Alma W. Thomas’s love for her community and garden is echoed in The Garden. This film introduces viewers to the South Central Farm, a 14-acre community garden that was established in the ruins of the L.A. riots in 1992.
Family Movie Night at Military Circle Mall (Norfolk) Join us for a free Family Movie Night, a drive-in showing of Boss Baby: Family Business on Friday, September 24, at the Military Circle Mall parking lot by the former Cinemark, 880 N. Military Highway, Norfolk. Before the movie, grab something to eat from a food vendor or browse the shops in the mall. Enjoy trivia, games, and more! Doors open at 6 p.m., movie starts at 7:30 p.m. Families will be physically distanced in the parking lot. Bring a few lawn chairs or stay in your car and enjoy the show!
- Friday, September 24, 2021 – The Boss Baby – Family Business
Military: Outdoor Summer Movie Night
Address: River’s Edge Community Recreation Center
Join NSA HR – Portsmouth MWR Community Recreation at River’s Edge Community Recreation Center back lawn on Saturday, September 25 for a welcome back to school BBQ & movie. The event begins at 5:30 p.m. and the movie will start at 7:15 p.m. There will be free BBQ (while supplies last), face painting, a balloon artist, a petting zoo, pony rides, and concessions during the movie. Watch the NSA Hampton Roads MWR Facebook page for the movie title announcement.
- September 25 from 5:30pm (BBQ) 7:15pm (Movie)
Address: Bennett’s Creek Park is located at 3000 Bennetts Creek Park Road, Suffolk VA
Twice a year, a movie is conducted on the lawn of our beautiful Bennett’s Creek Park at 3000 Bennett’s Creek Park Road. This event is usually held in May and October. Bennett’s Creek Park will transform into a Drive-In Movie Theater with two screens. Stay comfy in your car, or Drive-In and bring your lawn chairs and blankets. Arrive early to get the best seat in the park! A concessions areas will be available with food and treats. Pets are welcomed on a leash. The movie will begin at approximately 7:15 PM.
- October 16, 2021 – TBA
- September 21 at 6pm – Kicking and Screaming. Kicking & Screaming Movie Night Special: Spicy Chicken Tenders.
- October 19 at 6pm – Space Jam (the original). Space Jam Movie Night Special: Moon Pie (Pizza).
- November 16 at 6pm – Remember the Titans. Remember the Titans Movie Night Special: Titan Burger.
Summer Movie Sundays
Address: New Realm Brewing Co. 1209 Craft Lane Virginia Beach, VA 23454
Bring your blankets and chairs to claim your spot; limited seating will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis. Classic movie theater concessions will be available for purchase! Our Summer Movie Sundays in the Beer Garden will occur the last Sunday of every month, May through October. Each month, we will feature a different movie.
- The last Sunday of every month
- October 23rd – Hocus Pocus at 9pm
- November 27rd – The Grinch at 7pm
The DEGOOD Foundation presents: The Iconic Dreamland Drive-in at Hunt Club Farm. Arrive early to visit our amazing Petting Farm, BirdWalk Aviary, and TreeWalk Adventure! Grab some grub at our always scrumptious Food Trucks, stroll the farm, and enjoy an evening of fun and laughter! Admission is $30, additional activities available for purchase.
- Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 4pm – Home Alone
- September 18th – McReynolds Athletic Complex, 412 Sports Way, Yorktown
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON – THE HIDDEN WORLD (2019) (PG)
- September 25th – Charles Brown Park, 1950 Old Williamsburg Rd, Yorktown
- HOME (2015) (PG)
- October 15th – McReynolds Athletic Complex, 412 Sports Way, Yorktown
- THE GOONIES (1985) (PG)
- October 29th – New Quarter Park, 1000 Lakeshead Dr, Williamsburg
- ABOMINABLE (2019)