Transitioning Students with Disabilities – Free Online Conference
A free online conference – “Transitioning Students with Disabilities” will focus on a series of topics surrounding the transition to adulthood for Children and Youth with special health care needs.
When: July 27 – 31, 2020
Cost: Free. Registration is required and must be received by July 24, 2020.
- Monday, July 27 – Dana Trayman, Virginia Disability Law Center of Virginia- Guardianship vs. Alternatives to Guardianship.
- Tuesday, July 28- Marilyn Morrison, vaAcess- Able Accounts vs. Special Needs Trusts.
- Wednesday, July 29 – Darlene Newsome and Loris Velez Acevedo- Exceptional Family Members Program, Secondary Dependency Program for Incapacitated Adults, and Extended Health Benefits for Military Dependents Over the Age of 21.
- Thursday, July 30 – Martin Kurylowski, Department for Aging Rehabilitative Services (DARS) – Project SEARCH Program, and Customized Employment options for individuals with significant disabilities.
- Friday, July 31 – Wrap-up. Hear from individuals and family members and their experiences accessing the services presented on throughout the week.
When you complete your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with log-in information. The same log-in link will be good for multiple days.
Register Here: https://events.com/r/en_US/registration/transitioning-students-with-disabilities—free-online-conference-norfolk-july-788933