I have seen these sets pop up on Amazon before and never really considered them for my little engineers because they are pricey! That being said, they are on sale today up to 35% off and they can do some really cool stuff, and expose the kids to great STEAM learning opportunities! From the reviews it sounds like the parents need to be involved in helping figure out the kits, but it also sounds like the adults enjoy these as much as the kids....
Here is a description for the gizmos and gadgets kit pictured above...
- Turn screen time into hands-on learning as your kids create inventions and control them from their smart device
- Build science, engineering, art and math skills as kids problem-solve and invent
- Kids can reuse Bits in unlimited ways to create new, imaginative inventions
- Includes accessories, instructions and materials for 16 inventions right out of the box
- Compatible with most iOS and Android devices. Smart phone or tablet not included
And this is a description of the rule your room kit pictured above...
- Kids can develop engineering and problem-solving skills by creating interactive inventions
- Build infinitely customizable inventions by combining littleBits with anything your kids own
- Get step-by-step instructions for 8 inventions, 1 challenge, and inspiration for thousands more
- Kids can gain the confidence and curiosity to understand their surroundings and reinvent them
- Minimize screen time with a toolbox that kids can use again and again to create new toys
About littleBits: littleBits is the New York-based hardware startup that is on a mission to Democratize Hardware by empowering everyone to Create Inventions, large and small, with a platform of easy-to-use Electronic Building Blocks.