When: January 14th, February 20th, March 13th, April 17th, and May 15th, 2021
Cost: FREE. Registration is required.
Description: "Help Me Understand Q& A" is an opportunity to discuss with professionals and ask questions about how to talk to kids about tough topics. Sometimes, we don't know what to say when talking about illness, death, incarceration, and other topics. Let's figure it out together!
Monthly topics will be the following:
- January: Feeling Sick
- Register here: https://suffolkpubliclibrary.libcal.com/event/7274567
- February: The Color of My Skin
- Register here: https://suffolkpubliclibrary.libcal.com/event/7274603
- March: Incarceration
- Register here: https://suffolkpubliclibrary.libcal.com/event/7274600
- April: Deployment
- Register here: https://suffolkpubliclibrary.libcal.com/event/7297876
- May: Death of a Loved One
- Register here: TBA
Registered participants will provide their email address to receive a link to a Zoom meeting at least 15 minutes before the program begins.
There is a virtual storytime on the same topic offered the previous week to kickstart family conversations before the caregiver Q&A. Check out the storytime links here.