Each week we will bring you a new Guest Blog Post with ideas and games to get the kids up and moving as a part of our Get Active series! Today's Get Active Post is brought to you by Jessica Black, Director at MyGym Virginia Beach-Hilltop.
This week’s get active challenge is another one of my favorites! This game incorporates color identification, body part identification, and memorization all while having to run from place to place!
There are no supplies needed for this game, you can play it in the playroom, in the house, or even outside!
- Explain to your child that you are going to play a really fun game that works on color recognition.
- Instruct them to put a body part on a certain color. Here are some examples:
- “Put your right hand on something blue.”
- “Put your nose on something yellow.”
- “Put your foot on something pink.”
- Start out easy, and make it trickier as you continue to play.
For older children you can make it more challenging by choosing two different colors at a time. Here is an example:
- “Put your left hand on something red, and your right hand on something green.”
If your child excels at doing two colors at once, make it even more challenging by timing them!
If you have more than one child, make it challenging by making them hold hand and work together to find the different colors. If they let go of each other’s hand, have them do 5 jumping jacks!
Make sure you don't miss any posts from MyActiveChild.com, sign up for our email updates HERE!