African American Scientists and Inventors Day at Nauticus
Nauticus is an advertising partner of MyActiveChild.com.
This Saturday at Nauticus! Visitors can enjoy a reduced admission price of $7.57 on Saturday, February 25, 2023 in celebration of African American Scientists and Inventors Day.
Bring the kids to compete in trivia, learn about a number of African American inventors and scientists, compete in Super Soaker Soccer, watch and experience cool science experiments, and discover African American STEM literature from the Slover Library.
Where: Nauticus, One Waterside Drive Norfolk, VA 23510
When: Saturday, February 25, 2023 from 10am-5pm
Cost: Admission Saturday, February 25th is $7.57 (members are free). Paid admission includes access to the Nauticus museum, special programming, and the Battleship Wisconsin. Purchase Tickets Here.
Don’t miss these planned activities:
- Compete in Super Soaker Soccer, highlighting inventor Lonnie Johnson and his invention of the Super Soaker.
- Draw blue blood from our pretend horseshoe crab and run some scientific tests as we celebrate Dr. Charles Drew, the father of human blood banking with our activity, Banking on Blue Blood.
- See Nauticus’ 3D printer in action and even take away their own custom-printed golf tee, which was invented by Lonnie Johnson.
- DrinKicks will show their process of “From Drink to Shoe” and explain the circular economy.
- 11 am and 1 pm: Join Norfolk State University PHD Student, Shelite Augustusas, as she teaches us about the technology that takes us To The Stars.
- 12 pm and 2 pm: Make their own lightbulb and learn how Lewis Latimer’s filament improved the incandescent lightbulb.
- 3:30 pm: Test their knowledge with our African American Inventor Trivia.