This weekend is the Chesapeake Jubilee! What started several years ago as a way to celebrate the City of Chesapeake's birthday has turned into a full weekend event.
At the Jubilee you will find carnival rides, a kid's corner for children's activities and crafts, lifestock, crafters, performers, food, concerts and more.
The fun takes place in Chesapeake City Park, 900 Greenbrier Pkwy, Chesapeake VA 23320. This year there will be lots of local talent on stage and a special appearance by American Idol runner up (Season 9) Casey James.
- Thursday, May 17, 2012 from 6-10pm (Rides only)
- Thursday, May 17, 2012 from 4:30-7pm Khedive Shrimp Feast
- Friday, May 18, 2012 from 5pm-10pm Chesapeake Jubilee Festival
- Saturday, May 19, 2012 from 10am-11pm Chesapeake Jubilee Festival
- Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 9pm Fireworks!
- Sunday, May 20, 2012 from 12-7pm Chesapeake Jubilee Festival
Cost of Admission: Tickets may be purchased on-site for $2/day and the cost includes all concerts.
Cost of Rides: Individual tickets are sold for $1 each, packets of 20 ($20), 56 ($50) or unlimited ride wristbands for $25/day
Cost of Parking: On-site $5/day
Coupons: As of this post there is a coupon (limited number available!) on the Chesapeake Jubilee Facebook Page that gives $5 off an unlimited ride wristband. This offer is for Chesapeake Jubilee Facebook Fans only and is only valid Thursday 5/17/12.